Cirencester Rugby re-opening update
This last week has seen a hive of activity at the Whiteway to prepare for the opening of the clubhouse this weekend with a well-stocked bar.
Saturday 4thJuly: 2pm – 6pm
Sunday 5thJuly: 12 noon - 2pm
At this time, we will not be serving food hot or cold, but you are welcome to bring your own food and blankets to sit in the marquee area or on the Paddock.
After the weekend we will revisit the opening hours moving forward and publish.
We have followed the Government’s explicit guidelines with regard to marked areas, one-way systems around the bar area, hand sanitisers in the clubhouse and toilets, signage and the marquee seating at 2m distances.
- Everyone is required by law to sign in for track and trace, providing your name and telephone number in line with government guidelines and your Ciren membership card.
- Contactless card only payment at the bar. Please note to keep the queue moving please not hang about at the bar and keep the flow moving, then everyone can get served.
- Regular handwashing and use of the hand sanitisers are highly recommended, and the wearing of face coverings where practical.
- You will need to queue outside as opposed to inside.
- All seating and tables will be configured to reasonably follow social distancing 2m guidelines between members of different households or support bubbles. The sides of the marquee have been removed for ventilation.
- We will ask you to keep appropriate distancing for the toilets and these facilities will be wiped down every hour.
- Members with children will be responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines and keep the kiddies within your bubble.
- There will be no facility for individuals to sit or gather inside the clubhouse at the present time. Groups of a maximum of 6 people are permitted to gather outside on the Paddock area.
- We also have club marshalls to help manage any crowds that gather and maintain a control on the numbers. You will be kindly be asked to move if social distancing is breached in the interest of safety and comfort for members and staff.
- We have appointed a Covid Officer to ensure compliance and carried out a risk assessment.
- The bar staff are fully briefed on procedures to keep everyone safe. Please ensure you respect their safety as well as other club users by complying with all guidance and signage posted around the clubhouse.
- Guidelines from the government can be viewed here: ‘Keeping workers and customers safe during Covid-19 in restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services’
We look forward to seeing you from a social distance, of course, and welcoming all our members back to the club.
The Executive Committee.