Vacancy for Head Coach
Would you like to work with one of the most progressive community rugby clubs in the Cotswolds?
Could you play a vital role in its journey of growth and achievement?
Can you bring talent and commitment to this traditional yet ambitious club backed by an active senior and M&Y membership and a growing number of sponsors?
Cirencester Rugby is looking to recruit a Head Coach to train and direct the senior teams of this long standing community club. The successful candidate will work with two Assistant Coaches.
The 1XV plays in Gloucestershire 1 and has challenged for top of the table in recent years. We are looking to build player numbers so that we can also play regular 2XV matches.
This role presents a great opportunity for either a young coach looking to build their experience and career or an established leader prepared to share their skills and expertise.
We are ideally looking for someone with a Level 2 coaching qualification, prepared to work towards their Level 3 or subsequent experience – but anyone with suitable enthusiasm and experience is welcome to apply. We are happy to invest in coach development and cover reasonable expenses.
The role may suit a player/coach.
Training takes place on a Tuesday and Thursday evening.
Ciren has a robust age-grade section from U6 to Colts. The Colts pathway is proven top senior rugby and has delivered success in recent years.
The club has close relationships with schools in the town, the Royal Agri Uni, Cirencester College and the Armed Forces barracks.
We are also looking to relaunch women’s rugby.
The Head Coach will be a member of the Executive Committee and provide the connection between the rugby department and the wider club.
- Plan and run or oversee training sessions adn set direction
- Lead team selection and contribute to the management of team affairs on match days
- Liaise with Club Captain, physiotherapist and relevant committee members to ensure both the smooth day-to-day running and longer-term development of rugby
- Assist in the recruitment of new players
- Promote the values of our club and the ethos of our sport
- Monitor players’ development and performance
- Be passionate about rugby across the club including juniors
- Be committed to player development and safety
To apply for this role, please contact Cat Hage, vice chair / digital at firstname.lastname@example.org or our chairman Dave Reeves on email@example.com